Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

A New Discovery


Black Winged Cuckoo Shrike - Our first sighting at Native Place


We spent the latter part of last week at Kamshet. It was my Birthday on Thursday and I was keen to spend it at Native Place. Sanjay wanted to throw me a party in Mumbai but I insisted I wanted to spend my birthday with my trees at Native Place a wish that elicited a rolling of the eyes from him.

Bex sent me birthday wishes hoping my dreams would come true and this made me reflect - a lot of my dreams have come true we have to say. And I have so much to be grateful and joyous about.
Building Native Place was one such dream, growing a garden was another, having my family enjoy the space with us was still another. I often tell people about how I grew up in a little village in Mumbai and then the city grew leaving us with no open spaces or trees to climb. It was a dream to build a home where my kids and family could continue to enjoy the wild unbridled freedom of running barefoot exploring nature around us.

Well here I was in Kamshet with husband, son and nephews Dwane and Daniel on my birthday, enjoying a walk in the pouring rain, listening to the birds call and feeling at home in nature. My dream surely has come true and I wish the same to all of you

Peace Bliss & Happy Landings

Astrid Rao
www.flynirvana.com

No comments: