Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2008

God's Garden


I was browsing through The garden at Crocker Croft this afternoon when I came across this beautiful poem called God’s Garden by Dorothy Frances Gurney. As I went through it one verse seemed very familiar.

A kiss of the sun for pardon,
The song of the birds for mirth.
One is nearer God's heart in a garden,
Than any place else on earth.


It transported me back to Sri Lanka, a little cottage garden that I visited in Colombo and a certain picture that I took there.

The picture above is from that garden.

While in Sri Lanka I was fortunate to visit the fantastic gardens of architect Geoffery Bawa and his brother Bevis Bawa in Bentota. I have to put up a slide show of the pictures I took there soon – as soon as I have figured out how to. The pictures are a must see.

Astrid Rao

3 comments:

Barbee' said...

Oh, yes! I see what you mean; isn't that planter wonderful. Thank you for alerting me to your post; I look forward to many more. Happy Gardening!

Unknown said...

Hi Aunty Astrid!!
It's me, Kimberly!
I'm so sorry it took so very long for me to acknowledge your email! I did pass on those pictures and articles to Dad.
It's been so busy for me this past month. It's my final year of high school, so the biggest thing on my mind right now to keep my grades up for University.

How are you doing Aunty? How is everything with you and the school?
I love this blog that you've created! I'd never have the patience to keep one myself. I think I'd continually give the excuse of 'no time' and never write anything.

It's awesome to be able to email you like this! Keep on writing this amazing blog! I really love all the pictures and the information you post here!

Love,
Kim

rapamum said...

gardens in all forms are god's best creation